Thursday, March 09, 2006

what a difference a day makes


Okay maybe I can stick it out. I've chatted to a couple of close friends / advice chat buddies and I do feel better about being here. It's a rollercoaster with any emotion / mood fluctuation - one day is different from the next and you rationalise things differently.

Today being here isn't that bad. I guess I've come a long way. I remember being on the fields of Newmarket Racecourse with 2 miles of grass before me. My job was, together with about 6 others, walk that 2 miles and knock the grass in where the horses had tread. The finish line was out of sight and I thought that this what hell must be like. Just a couple of months before that I was designing opening videos and annual reports for SPAR SA and liasing with the MD of the company. Then I'd think to myself - how the f**k did this happen???

Many months later the situation has changed radically and I have a lot to be thankful for. I come home in 5 weeks around easter. Just for two weeks. I have not yet bought my return ticket, so who knows how I'll feel tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»